Cant you import playlist from windows itunes into mac itunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by felixen, Apr 17, 2009.

1. felixen macrumors 6502a

Just went from Windows to mac and want to bring my windows itunes playlists. when I hit export and save it on a usb and hit import in mac itunes, then I get the playlist but its all empty. It kinda sucks if I have to sort out all the good stuff again, so I hope I can get my old playlist back. I have it on my ipod touch as well, so I dunno if you can transfer playlist from ipod to mac

2. felixen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Anyone? It sucks cause I have a lot of songs and I picked out all the best stuff for this playlist. I still have it on both my windows computer and my ipod touch, just need to get it over on my mac (as I said, exporting and then importing for some reason seems to not work - the playlist comes out empty on the mac itunes)

3. teamzissou macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issue. I moved all the music over via external drive, and it went into the iTunes library on the Mac fine. So now all the music in on the mac, but my playlists and ratings are not. I followed instructions to "export playlist" from the PC to the external drive, copied the library xml file to the mac desktop, then dragged it into the iTunes folder. Nothing happened, and I even called Apple support but the guys couldn't help because he says it should have worked. So now I am rebuilding all my playlists which is okay, just time-consuming.

Second issue is that when I tried plugging my iPod (5th gen 80GB) into the mac, the iPod froze and the mac didn't detect it. Still looking into why that would be.

4. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...I'll be doing the same thing next weekend... I bought a program called tune tools that's supposed to just transfer the music right off your iPod so I'm hopeful it works like it says it will...

5. felixen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Im going to war with this playlist recreation thing now. Wish me luck guys:D