Capacative stylus for iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by fabianjj, Apr 18, 2011.

1. fabianjj macrumors 6502

I'm considering buying an iPad for use in college, but I wonder how well one of those would perform in real world use as opposed to spending my money on an upgraded laptop instead.

I'm a little concerned about how the onscreen keyboard is for typing shorter texts, and how well one would perform writing longer texts using a BT-keyboard.

But my main concern is if there are any good styluses available and apps that would allow me to use my ipad as a replacement for notebooks when it comes to mathmatics and physics? I'm not concerned with handwriting recognition or drawing pictures, but merely using it instead of paper in these cases.

Anyone know any good capacative styluses and apps that would make the ipad function like that?

2. MrMac'n'Cheese macrumors 6502a

MrMac'n'Cheese

Hello!

Excellent review of three Styli brands:
    Stylus Reviews

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Just received my Griffin Stylus and I love it. Its extremely smooth and all notes that I write using it are very fluid..

4. fabianjj thread starter macrumors 6502

5. Funkymonk macrumors 6502a

Funkymonk

can you write on a note taking app as if you were writing on paper?

6. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Yes, you can. I use Penultimate. Works great.

Add another vote to the Griffin stylus.

7. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

In my experience using the Nataal stylus, writing text is pretty difficult to be accurate, especially with small text. There are several apps that use a zooming feature that allows you to draw larger and it shrinks it down (such as UPAD or NotesPlus) and those have worked pretty well for me. What is also difficult is that you can't drag your palm most of the time.

8. Kupp macrumors regular

I am using notes plus with an alupen, just used it tonight for the first time, and had not problems. I have dysgraphia and find the chunkier alupen to be very agreeable.