Capacitors/Hardware Question-Please Help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bdesul, Jul 28, 2011.

1. bdesul macrumors newbie

I got a new Macbook Pro. There was a lightning storm the other night and I had plugged in my macbook later that night, but saw a spark. It would not boot up shortly thereafter. The screen was several colors, nothing that I have ever seen before on any Mac.

After two tries, it finally booted. It seems a little bit slower than before. I ran hardware diagnostics (extended) and it said everything was fine. Could there be something wrong, but not severe enough to prohibit it from operating pretty normally?

I dont want to open it up and void my warranty. Is it worth taking to the Apple Store or are they just gonna run the same diagnostics? Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. ahdickter macrumors 6502

Since the MBP would still be under warranty, it's your call. If you truly have the urge, take it in. They run extended diagnostics that go further than the diagnostic software included with the OS X install disk (which sucks). Most likely it will take a few days though. Good luck!

3. bdesul thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks ahdickter. I might just take it in to be on the safe side and avoid problems when it is no longer under warranty.