Capacity and music storage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ClemTiger0408, Sep 11, 2014.

1. ClemTiger0408 macrumors 6502

I have roughly 30-35 gigs of music. Before I purchased the iPhone 5, I always purchased the 32GB version and just carefully managed music on my phone. It was a pain to decide what music I could live without on my device.

With the iPhone 5, I grabbed the 64GB version and finally was able to store all my music and no longer worry about storage. I noticed today, however, that I've got about 2GB of free space remaining and I imagine when new apps come out for iOS 8 that the space will be gobbled up quickly.

So my two options are iPhone 6 with 128GB or 64GB. If I go the latter route I save $100 but I will go back to needing to manage music soon. I do have iTunes Match and a Spotify subscription so maybe I can just live with less music actually on my phone. This would only be an issue when on a plane (I don't travel a ton for this to be a big issue).

So those of you with huge music libraries, what do you do? Lean on streaming or buy as big of storage as possible?

2. DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

I'm in a similar boat as you. I had a 32gb iphone a couple of years ago and that filled up way too quick....so I upgraded to the 64gb iphone when the 5 came out...but again, that filled up quick. I'm going with the 128gb phone. I don't have an unlimited plan to constantly stream and I have a very particular and organized collection of music that I like to carry around. 128gb is more than enough as far as I can tell....this is basically going to allow me to carry everything I do now, plus a bit more, without having to struggle to delete apps and stuff when I want to add more (which is constnatly).

Do either of us NEED that much music at all times of the day? Absolutely not but it's a hobby right? We probably won't be happy until they release a 1TB iphone.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Early on, I came to the conclusion that I don't need to have 60GB of music with me at all times. I just put a subset of my music on my phone and change it periodically.

4. From A Buick 8, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014

From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

After running out of space with my 32gb iPhone 5, had planned to buy the top tier storage phone (which would have been 64gb) on my next go around. So here we are and the top tier storage phone is now 128gb, so my plan is the same (get the top tier).

Like others have said, I do not need to carry all of my Music, but I want to. I like to just hit Play all and let my self be surprised by what plays next :)

5. theapplefanboyj macrumors 6502a

Wow, you guys have big music collections! I've only got 4GB! Though then again, I've only started buying albums.
    I was going to be getting the 128GB, but then my Uncle surprised me with a 64GB OPO.
    I wanted to stay in the Apple ecosystem though, so I'm getting the new iPad.