Caps Lock issue

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by DrGizmondo, Oct 27, 2008.

1. DrGizmondo macrumors newbie

I've just got my first Alu MacBook and am loving it, im having a bit of an issue though with the Caps Lock key been slightlly unresponsive to my tapping, is this a design/build issue that anyone else is having? is it worth contacting apple about. It does work is just a bit unresponsice when typing, is anyone else having any issues like this with the Caps key on their new MB.

2. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

The capslock keys on Apple keyboards are built so as not to come on after a quick tap, to prevent accidently turning it on. Sometimes very useful, but it can be a pain :)

3. Ron21 macrumors 6502a

That's the way it's designed. It is made that way so you don't accidentally enable it.

4. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

Heh I'm dyspraxic and I find it incredibly useful that it doesn't come on with N ACCIDENTAL TAP.

(...just kidding, I meant to press it that time)

5. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

It's a bit irritating, but the easiest way around it is to get used to tapping the outside edge of the key, in line with the light that comes on when it's in use.

Tapping the right edge does nothing, but this way, you avoid that so it should come on each time you press it.

6. Aztec macrumors regular

Mine is like that too. It's a ''feature'', if you'd like.

7. arthursiew macrumors 6502

arthursiew

Apple designed it that way. It can be frustrating and useful at the same time.

8. DrGizmondo thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for clearing that up, I was afraid that I would have to take it back and that was one thing I was not looking forward to.