Caps Lock Key Popped Off...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ProperNoun, Jun 6, 2010.

1. ProperNoun macrumors newbie

So I basically just opened my MacBook Pro from when it was charging and the Caps Lock key randomly popped off. It's a brand new i5 15'' HR AG model, really no excuse for that to happen.

The closest Apple Store is about 40 miles away, so if you can tell me how to put the Caps Lock key back on myself I would really appreciate it. I tried just putting the bars through the circles and pressing down and it just falls back off immediately, doesn't click on. Thanks for your help.

[​IMG]

2. blackwind macrumors regular

I have done afew of the laptop that has key fallen off.

The clear/white lef on the actual computer is really important make sure u dont break or bend it. and make sure ur fallen-off-button has clip holder doesnt have any unsual mark or check the clip's hole weather it has ben stretch or somehow bigger than other hole. Normally they don't just fall off. Unless something that pull it ....

How i put it back. make the leg (white/clear) on the computer stand up it will look like X, see if u can clip in the longer 2 legs first. I think the bottom of the button is the longer one. then just flat out the legs, and just pressure it on top u can feel it clip in.

If you affraid u alway can take to any computer expert or even apple store.

They design to come off (for exchangable).

CHeers

3. blackwind macrumors regular

4. ProperNoun thread starter macrumors newbie

alright I got it back on but now the green light only turns on about 2/3 of the time. Makes no sense :/

5. bella92108 macrumors 68000

OMG THAT HAPPENED TO ME AND I TOOK MY MACBOOK PRO TO THE STORE AND THEY REPLACED IT WITH A NEW ONE AND I MUST SAY IT'S BIGGER, FASTER, STRONGER, AND WORKS BETTER THAN EVER!!!!!!!!!

Hehe, sorry I just had to ....

6. blackwind macrumors regular

I find the TAP key is very slow responding. Make sure there is nothing sit between the actually switch or button (see the pic i post. u see the white cone? make sure it stand up not bend or sit on the side)

Give it abit of fast hard tap. tap tap and see if it make any difference

Cheers