caps locks button not registering?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dsprimal, May 13, 2010.

1. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

Hey everyone, since day 1 of unboxing my 15" i7 mbp, ive realized that the caps locks button doesn't register sometimes when pressing it. I would test it out by pressing it a couple times and see if the green light will go on and off as i click.....and i've had times where i would press it 3-4 times in a row and it wont register. But for the most part it would register 60-70% of the time. ever other time i press it, it wont register.

Pretty much its not 100% accurate. anybody have this issue? or ways to fix it?

thanks!

2. Princess Cake macrumors regular

Princess Cake

Sounds like water damage, I spilt EXACTLY ONE DROP of soda on my wireless Apple keyboard and the P, O, [, 0, and - keys stopped registering half of the time. Eventually needed to buy a new one.

Maybe it was damaged during shipment?

3. nimski62 macrumors regular

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

No, it's not water damage. The Caps lock delay is intentionally built in:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1578

The remedy is to just hold down the caps lock key a little longer. Quick jabs won't activate it. A deliberate press will.

5. rawd macrumors regular

It's designed like that, as I was just Google'ing this today

6. dsprimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

i love this site lol. glad to see im not the only one who noticed this. it definitely isn't water damage i never drank near my mbp (well i have but i would literally put my drink on a different table like 3 feet away from my laptop desk ;) ) but anyways, yeah that's really cool to hear that its set to be delayed for a reason. i knew apple wouldn't produce such a expensive/sexy/well built laptop for it to have a caps lock key malfunction :p

Thanks guys!

ps: now i feel bad from spam pressing it to test how often it registers...lol UGH.