Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
IM WRIting from an APPLE WirELESS keyboard and every so often is just decides to write in Capitals (As shown above) even though the CAPS LOCK KeY IS not pressed.

ThIs has only been happening in the last ten mINuTEs, should I BOTHEr CAlLINg APPLE?

Thanks

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
IM WRIting from an APPLE WirELESS keyboard and every so often is just decides to write in Capitals (As shown above) even though the CAPS LOCK KeY IS not pressed.

ThIs has only been happening in the last ten mINuTEs, should I BOTHEr CAlLINg APPLE?

Thanks
You might have some mode enabled on your keyboard unintentionally. For example, I once turned on Num Lock accidentally, and was baffled by my letter keys producing numbers until I figured out what happened.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
Sadly I think it might be some hardware fault, it now acts as though shift is pressed (without the effect of Capital Letters) but it is multi-selecting things if I click on something. It also means I can't use any shortcuts as :apple:+H now acts as :apple:+H+Shift so hide and other useful things are out of the question!

Thanks for the suggestion though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.