CapsuleNeo or Silver Catena

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Churel, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Churel macrumors newbie

Churel

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Some reviews are saying that the quality on those More-thing catena cases are poor, and if dropped could crack easily.

3. Churel thread starter macrumors newbie

Churel

My CapsuleNeo Just arrived. I really like it. Looks good. I want to buy the white one also but I couldn’t find one anywhere.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. hybrid45 macrumors newbie

Never saw that Catena case before but I have the Capsule Neo case on my phone. I'm more concerned with protection and the case proved its worth to me on one careless night.

I was wearing loose basketball shorts and getting out of my car. The phone slipped out, fell maybe 3 feet to my paved driveway, bounced maybe 3 times on its corners, then slid face-down said driveway about 5 feet. I picked it up, woke it from sleep, the iphone itself was immaculate but the case's edges were all dinged up. Needless to say, I think the case did it's job. Best $30 I ever spent on my phone.

5. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

I don't know if it was just my neo, but I had the white one and the spine part didn't fit tight. it always got dirt under it.

6. Churel thread starter macrumors newbie

Churel

Good to hear that :) . I think the same way this case rly provides protection.

Yea I got the dust problem, at the edges of the screen and also the edge pushes the screen protection film and makes bubbles on the screen. It seems the vertical spine sagging more and pops in n out day by day. But still it seems satisfying.

7. Churel thread starter macrumors newbie

Churel

Today I kinda miss my iphone and decided to remove my CapsuleNeo. I see that the hard plastic spine isn’t hard anymore. The plastic become soften somehow, maybe my iphone warming up too much I don’t know but I don’t like the situation. So I decided to install the invisible shield which I bought beforehand. The installation process was like a nightmare. I struggle with it about 1 hr. and the final product was like a preschool notebook covered with plastic cover. I couldn’t make it. Believe me guys it’s not easy to install it’s not like the videos on the YouTube. Anyways its look like I’m still looking for the perfect or suitable case.

8. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Yup that's one PITA installation process, plus it requires a lot of patience too ;)

Good luck on your search! :cool:

9. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I just cut mine to fit the part of the back that rests on a counter. I knew better than to deal with the edges and corners.