CapsuleRebel: Great Case

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by objectuser, Aug 15, 2008.

1. objectuser macrumors newbie

I know this got reviewed in iLounge with a good score, but just wanted to say, really love this case.

http://www.switcheasy.com/products/Rebel/Rebel.html

I bought a BodyGuardz skin and ... well ... the results weren't great. The front went on fine, but the back was a disaster ... the corners were all unstuck as well as a strip on the top.

So I went looking for a case to see if that was more to my liking. I found this one after reading about another SwitchEasy case on iLounge. I actually left the BodyGuardz on and applied this case around it (people talked about gunk getting it their cases and scratching their phones so I thought I'd give it a shot).

The case looks great (got the black and yellow one ... I'm a Steelers fan and have a yellow Porsche), fit around the BodyGuardz no problem and feels great in my hands ... not sticky at all, in fact you might call it slick plastic, but better grip than naked. Feels just right for me.

The case comes with two skins for the front, but those went in a drawer because I already have the BodyGuardz on it. I didn't know that beforehand, so that might be useful information for other people that don't thoroughly read everything before a purchase. :D

The only negative I've seen so far is it's harder to press the volume buttons (buttons I'd never used until I saw that the case covered them). The case covers the volume and sleep buttons but not the silence button.

Anyway, happy to answer any questions. What I like might not be what you like. ;)

2. 41qser macrumors regular

3. moka macrumors 6502a

love the concept, will sure be getting one....

4. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

5. objectuser thread starter macrumors newbie

You're right. I actually did search. But obviously not very well. :eek:

Wonder if anyone has bought their Colors case yet. I think that one is really cool, but I think I'd rather have the harder plastic of the Rebel than silicone.

6. elbirth macrumors 65816

It really is a very nice case. I got the arctic one and posted a few pics in the other thread.

Having said that, though, after having it on my iPhone for maybe 3-4 days I took it off and haven't put it back on. I'm not really happy with the color of the arctic case, as it's not nearly as transparent as the original pics of it showed before they updated it on the site. I want to still see my iPhone rathe than fully cover it up. Also, it picked up a lot of pocket lint around the edges of the screen which I found irritating. I also really missed the feel of the naked phone, and the case actually felt slick enough to make me fearful of it sliding out of my hand while using it.

Although it's the only case I really even partially like, it's still not for me. My phone has been naked otherwise since July 11th and has no noticeable scratching so it'll just stay this way I think.