Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

'Captain America: Civil War' Comes to iTunes With Exclusive 'Immersive' Extras

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Captain America: Civil War is now available in Digital HD on iTunes. The movie comes with a host of special features exclusive to iTunes, and Forbes reports that Marvel and iTunes Movies worked together to create a new "immersive" set of bonus features for the release.

The iTunes edition of the movie comes with a feature titled "Choose Your Side," which lets viewers choose whether they're on Team Cap or Team Iron Man. Choosing a side unlocks a series of exclusive photos, videos, posters, comics and more for each team. According to Forbes, every actor in the film gets an in-depth filmography that includes the actor's photos over the years and quotes from other actors about what it's like to work with them.

iTunes movies typically include cast filmographies so users can easily purchase or rent other films a certain actor may have starred in, and they sometimes include exclusive bonus features like audio commentary.

In addition to the iTunes-exclusive bonus content, Civil War comes with deleted scenes, audio commentary, a gag reel, a preview of Marvel's upcoming film Doctor Strange and two behind-the-scenes extras. The first is a two-part making-of documentary called "United We Stand, Divided We Fall," and the other is "The Road to Civil War," which charts the journey of Captain America and Iron Man from the beginning of the Marvel Cinematic Universe to their stand-off in Civil War.

Apple has also added Team Captain America and Team Iron Man pages to the iTunes Movies carousel. Each page lists movies, comics, music, apps and TV shows tied to the members of that specific team.

Captain America: Civil War is available on iTunes now for $19.99 in Digital HD. [Direct Link]

Article Link: 'Captain America: Civil War' Comes to iTunes With Exclusive 'Immersive' Extras

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Already in my iTunes movie collection! Been eagerly awaiting for this to come out, so I can't wait to check out these bonus features when I get home.

Last edited:
Comment

Szarky

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2010
$25 CDN to buy... if I rented this 3 times I'd still probably have ended up spending less money over time. Never understood people wasting their money on buying movies for home watching.

Reactions: Textime
Comment

MartinAppleGuy

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2013
'Immersive' pfft; sad when this film on iTunes is the closest we will get to VR with Apple lol

Comment

CBlakeston

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2008
Today may be the official release day but iTunes actually released it a few days ago. Loved the movie and the extras. The commentary is awesome.

Aren't we past the 'iTunes sucks blu-Ray forveva' schtick? You do realise iTunes switched to CABAC High Profile encoding a while back? At a certain point you're just the old time guy who's like 'my way files are so much better then your dumb low bittate MP3s yah boo sucks to be you'. Yes, wav / blu Ray is technically better but with modern encoding its pretty much the same so who gives a crap?

Comment

frumpy16

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
Is this a Hollywood blog now? I come here for news and rumors about Apple products. If the site is going to just start throwing loosely related content at the wall, MR is coming off my rotation. Please advise, MR staff.

Reactions: ThaRuler
Comment

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
Is this a Hollywood blog now? I come here for news and rumors about Apple products. If the site is going to just start throwing loosely related content at the wall, MR is coming off my rotation. Please advise, MR staff.
Might I suggest reading the numerous articles that are posted about Apple products. You can easily ignore the articles that don't interest you. It's not a requirement to read every post they release. Besides, this is a post about iTunes and it's exclusive content.

Comment

bommai

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2003
Melbourne, FL
Enjoy it in glorious iTunes 5mbit 1080p quality. :) Seriously though, Apple should at least double the bitrate. Netflix and Amazon are both superior in quality.

While I agree that Bluray is way better than iTunes, typically iTunes is way better than Netflix and Amazon. The only online service that gives iTunes a quality competition is VUDU.
[doublepost=1472817923][/doublepost]
Today may be the official release day but iTunes actually released it a few days ago. Loved the movie and the extras. The commentary is awesome.

Aren't we past the 'iTunes sucks blu-Ray forveva' schtick? You do realise iTunes switched to CABAC High Profile encoding a while back? At a certain point you're just the old time guy who's like 'my way files are so much better then your dumb low bittate MP3s yah boo sucks to be you'. Yes, wav / blu Ray is technically better but with modern encoding its pretty much the same so who gives a crap?

Bluray coding is way better for audio. I can get lossless 7.1 audio with either dts-hd-MA or Dolby trueHD and for those with immersive experience Dolby Atmos. I can't believe itunes does not even support Dolby Digital Plus which Netflix and vudu support. They are stuck with the 20 year old Dolby digital 5.1. That's like Amazon still
being stuck with MP3 for their music downloads.

Reactions: slapppy
Comment

Return Zero

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2013
Kentucky
Woefully bad film, with or without the padding.

DONT BUY IT! THIS FILM IS TERRIBLE!

What's with the overblown hate? It was very well received by critics and fans alike... I thought the movie was OK, not great, but in line with other Marvel films for sure. Do you guys work for DC or something?

Comment

euvnairb

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2010
Goleta, CA
Huh? I thought the movie was pretty good. I'd rather wait for the blu-ray with digital copy that will probably be a similar price.

Comment

ThatGuyInLa

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2012
Glendale, Ca.
I can't believe itunes does not even support Dolby Digital Plus which Netflix and vudu support. They are stuck with the 20 year old Dolby digital 5.1.

There are a handful of movies now in iTunes that support DD+7.1. Very few. Also, for the best quality, always stream a movie, never download. The streaming is always more up to date with the latest changes to the codec and bit rate. Still iTunes audio largest issue is the DRC that's baked in to it. Clamps the entire presentation.

Comment

mdelvecchio

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2010
Not even Capitan America himself can save the iPhone 7 from being outdated and over priced before it's released.
hmm you mean like how the year-older iPhone 6s smokes the new Note 7 in performance?

nice troll attempt on an unrelated article.

Reactions: jbachandouris
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.