Captain she has been put to pasture!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rotorblade69, May 21, 2014.

1. rotorblade69, May 21, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014

rotorblade69 macrumors regular

This thing is a Damn Timex!!!

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!

2. 12dylan34 macrumors 6502a

That's some pretty intense damage. I'll take a photo of my early 2008 aluminum model when I get home today and post it.

3. 556fmjoe macrumors 65816

That's one of the major benefits of a SSD. I got one specifically for that reason.

4. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

5. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Spiked several times by your son and he gets a 'time out?' Sorry, I love both of my kids, but if they ever did that, the consequences would be much more severe.

Glad it works though and proud of you for not losing your cool.

6. Quackers macrumors 6502a

How much do you want for it? :D
    Maybe Apple would be interested?

7. g.t. rags macrumors regular

and i thought my 5 yr old pro with a slightly dinged corner was bad.... holy **** did you use that thing as a frisbie?

8. TechZeke macrumors 68020

TechZeke

This post only proves how tough MacBooks are, and that the idea of MacBooks being delicate and being needed to be treated like babies is completely non sense. Show me a $700-$1000 dell or hp that could withstand this amount of damage.

9. Cloudsurfer macrumors 65816

Cloudsurfer

You should've seen my pre-unibody 15" MBP. Those things cracked and dented by even so much as looking at them.

10. rotorblade69, May 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2014

rotorblade69 thread starter macrumors regular

OH did i mention you can lean the display all the way back and make it parallel in the same plane as the lower. YES completely flat.

I'm thinking about seeing how much it can take you know like a test to destruction thing. Buddy of mine has a pound of tannerite left so you know the last hooray may be slightly loud.

11. Orr macrumors 6502

Orr

12. Charadis macrumors 6502a

Wow. I'm surprised your screen looks immaculate. I would have expected that to be the first think to go. I've been debating whether or not to keep my 13" mid-2010 Pro around, but after a failed attempt at selling on eBay and second thoughts, your post has encouraged me to believe that I'm making the right decision.

13. Freyqq macrumors 68040

I've never thought getting one of those snap-on cases for a macbook pro was a good idea. However, I think your particular usage case would benefit :)

14. rotorblade69, May 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2014

rotorblade69 thread starter macrumors regular

Funny thing his iPad mini is in one of those huge stupid looking otter box cases. The mini has a "scratch like dent" on the corner and if it was a millimeter higher up it would have taken out the glass screen.
    Weird uh. Never taken out of the case, until the day I decide hey lets clean all the electronics really good. :confused:

I want to see pics of worse Orr. You know Pics or it didn't happen of ones still working.

Yes the screen is better than the screen on my wifes 2012 air. I know stupid, but alas it is a "Pro".

I would have an air by now if it had a better Retina Screen. I just hope they don't go high res crappy screen. Current Air with high res screen of a Retina Pro even if it cost more would do. BUT WHAT I really really really want is a 15" MBA with Retina Screen. Yes I know wish in one hand **** in the other see which ones fills up first.

If dad still had his 50 cal I would be calling up a friend that works for county that has access to a Mk-211 round. Put the ole gal to pasture the right way. That would be an "all cool as hell" send off.

The video the trip to the genius bar!!!

15. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

16. rotorblade69 thread starter macrumors regular