Caption for photos in iPhoto

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Cinch, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Cinch macrumors 6502

I take lots of pictures of mountains and often from more than one directions. I'm good at recognizing peaks, but it has become to large to remember them all. Do you guys know of a way to display a simple caption for each picture so that I know what I'm looking at? I thought this was a simple feature that ought to be include in the first version of iPhoto, but obviously I am wrong. Anyhow, i'm using version 6.0.6 on OSX 10.4 i.e. Tiger. Can anyone help?

Cinch

2. Cinch thread starter macrumors 6502

no solution?

I guess there is no solution to this problem, or should I said there is no such feature. I thought this feature would be very handy for organizing, sorting and searching photos for a lot of people.

Cinch

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

View -> Titles (it may say Show Titles in that version, but it'll be in the view menu). If that's not enough room, you can add comments, and they'll show up in the Info pane in the lower left corner.

jW

4. Cinch thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks Mal or JW!

Do the above like Mal said and click on the information icon "i" down at the left hand corner. There you can change the title of the photo.