Capture Camera Clip (Peak Design)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bootsie, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Bootsie macrumors 6502a

Bootsie

Anyone here use one of these?

I am looking to buy one, these things look sweet, but I would rather spend a little less on gently used to try it out.

PM me with any details if you are interested in selling one!

If you guys haven't seen these things check them out here... there are some similar things on the market, but the thing that makes me want this one is the AS compatible QR plate!

2. LumbermanSVO macrumors 65816

I don't know about the clip design, but I do have a black Rapid strap and love it. I can drop the camera and know that it'll just end up at my hip, no harm, no fowl. I picked a sport model because I didn't need the extra pockets and such.

I did clip on a Gear Keeper retractable cord meant for a CB microphone, I use it for my lens cloth.

3. TheDrift- macrumors 6502a

TheDrift-

I got ablack rapid too, you can buy an attachment so you can have a tripod quick release plate on at teh same time too..

I'd be a bit worreid with that one i'd press the button by mistake and my camera would crash to the floor :eek:

4. Bootsie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bootsie

I absolutely hate neck straps, so currently I just use a hand strap, I hate having the pressure on my neck or shoulder which is why this solution looks so good, and why the black rapid just doesn't appeal to me. Plus I have heard of failings with the BR. This thing has nothing but good reviews, people seem to love it. The thing that is really holding me back is the price tag...

5. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

The shoulder strap, to me, seems like the best solution as there is really no pressure and can be used all day. This clip looks too nerdy to me. I'd feel like a kid with a batman utility belt. Great when you're 8 years old. Not for a fully grown person.

Thats just my take on it. I wouldn't point and laugh at someone who has one.