Capture Card for Half Life 2

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ThatDernPossum, Dec 29, 2010.

1. ThatDernPossum macrumors newbie

So I do commentary on Half Life 2 gameplay and i put it up on Youtube. I use the full version of 'screenflow' which can be seen here,http://www.telestream.net/screen-flow/overview.htm, its fantastic, however whenever there is a large amount of action on the screen the quality goes to crap. I was thinking about getting a external Capture card. Like something that i could plug into my computer to get better quality. Price is not a problem I am willing to pay anything under 500 dollars. Thanks in advanced. If I said something wrong in here please dont leave negitive comments. :apple:

2. MacForScience macrumors 6502

MacForScience

A capture card won't help you. The only way to improve screen capture performance is to improve the computer and software doing the capturing. So that means faster computer for you.

Cheers

3. c1phr macrumors 6502

A capture card is only going to take the stream from a television style output, so composite, component or hdmi if you're really fancy. Problem there is you need a second machine to put it in to capture synchronously, and your own pc is going to lag mirroring the game to both displays. Plus, if you aren't using HDMI, you are going to probably notice a quality decrease anyway.

The only real way you're going to be able to avoid your issue is a better computer, or lower settings unfortunately.