Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dz NuTz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2009
hello am new here, been working on mac in the design side of things for a while but what i am tryign to do i am new to.. I have purchased a Blackmagic Video recorder and i am trying to record xbox footage... Now my set up..

I have a Mac Book Pro (brand new) and black magic video recorder (USB) i have all the connection.. I am playing on a 46" LCD samsung which is set up to 1080p, surround sound etc...

I can not get my capture card to work, is this because of the HD of the TV, i dont want to bring my xbox res down as it affect game play, is there a way around this, can i play in HD and record in less, i have connected the cables directly into the back of the tv, should i be going into the xbox instead..

hopefully you can understand this and give me some URGENT HELP please.

thank you for your time.

KeithPratt

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2007
The Blackmagic seems to be an SD-only device, so you'd need some sort of scaler between it and the Xbox if you wanted to keep playing in HD. If the Xbox doesn't offer a simultaneous down-converted output, this means another piece of equipment I'm afraid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.