Capture Card???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by raddyator, Nov 5, 2010.

1. raddyator macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I am asking for a capture card of some sort for christmas. I would use it to record my Xbox360 games, I kind of want an HD one, but i'm in a tight spot due to the fact i live in Australia and my budget is $200. It doesn't have to be for Mac because i have parallels, and my computer is right beside my xbox so there is no need for extension cables and i think my iMac can handle all the system specs. So does anyone have an idea of what i should buy? Thanks! :D

2. g4pismo, Nov 5, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2010

g4pismo macrumors member

g4pismo

3. raddyator thread starter macrumors newbie

4. g4pismo macrumors member

g4pismo

5. KeriJane macrumors 6502a

KeriJane

I recommend Canopus.

They generally use Firewire and have excellent capture quality.
    Also, Canopus has a "Locked Audio" feature that absolutely prevents Out Of Sync (OOS) audio/video. OOS is a common problem with longer captures on many capture devices.

The basic ADVC Mini or ADVC110 are excellent capture devices. Someday I'm going to get the ADVC HD50 to supplement my current ADVC300.

I spent years wasting my time with inferior capture cards and devices, some of which cost more that the ADVC110. I ended up with hours of poor quality and/or OOS captures that had to be re-done once I got the ADVC300.

One thing: Canopus devices work extremely well with FW equipped Macs but they do not come with Video Editing softwares. It's expected that you already have iMovie, Final Cut or Premiere Pro.

http://www.grassvalley.com/products/converters

Have Fun,
    Keri

6. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

7. domzanghi macrumors member

8. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango