Capture Sound Clips- MacBook

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by shady825, Feb 26, 2009.

1. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

I'm trying to record some funny sound clips from some movies and tv shows I own. I know this might sound stupid but instead of using the built in mic is it possible to 'loop' a dual end headphone jack from audio out to audio in and then record in garageband or something like that??

Thanks in advance

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

That would work but you loose quality going through multiple digital to analog to digital steps. If you have the digital meda files the best way to go is to simply "cut" the sound clips out of the file with a editor. Then you have zero conversion loss.

Look at the copyright issues before you use those sounds. Listening to them for your own amusement is Ok but if you put those into something you re-distribute there may be problems

You can totally avoid copyright issues and get high quality and save a lot of work by just down loading sound effects from any of several web sites that have large, free catalogues of sounds. Google will find them

3. nfable macrumors regular

nfable

Audio hijack

I use audio hijack, that puppy will rip any audio going on on your mac... I use it for streaming radio sometimes (personal use, natch)

nf