Capturing 720p or HD video on my mac

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by SiRocket, Dec 1, 2009.

1. SiRocket macrumors newbie

Hey guys.. simple question. I'm a dj/musician and like to record live mixes or performances with my usb microsoft lifecam cinema plugged into my MacBook Pro. and record the audio from the line-in.

I have been using the isight before and recording through quicktime pro7 and it has worked fine.

Now when plugging in my usb lifecam and using something like ustream or even screenflow to record or view the cam even. I can see the "widescreen" aspect and format. But when trying to record a movie in quicktime pro it is the standard aspect ratio.

For now i am recording my widescreen HD webcam/audio sessions either through ustream or through screenflow. But using screenflow is annoying because it is also recording my desktop too, and all i want to do is record the webcam and audio and keep the widescreen format.

If quicktime pro can't record widescreen what mac program will and record line-in audio also?

Thanks everyone.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Don't you see the Widescreen format when using QT Pro in conjunction with the iSight or your USB camera?