Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeremybuff

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2009
Asheville, NC
If you're using Firefox, go to "Tools", "Page Info", then click on "Media". There should be a .fla file there. Right click on the .fla file, click "copy" then open a new tab/window and paste the URL there. Next go to "File" then "Save As..." and download the file. Make sure the file extension is .fla when you save.

tobylevins

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2009
Yeah it's very strange, I have tried all the usual ways, but the video seems to be embedded to deeply if that makes sense, or the video is actually just a link.
If anyone feels like making very REALLY happy and SUPER grateful, the link is here :
http://au.video.yahoo.com/watch/4587227/12278812

I cannot for the life of me grab it!

grooveattack

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
well i am not sure but i think it is because its what they call a 'progressive' video not 'streamed' so it does not buffer up like youtube videos thus not allowing you to save them.

some one correct me if i am wrong

jackerin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2008
Finland
Chances are you won't be able to save the original file since it's actually streamed (and not cached and played back like Youtube does), and there are no good rtmp clients for osx afaik.

Edit:
well i am not sure but i think it is because its what they call a 'progressive' video not 'streamed' so it does not buffer up like youtube videos thus not allowing you to save them.
Correct, except the other way around; progressive reads the file into the browser cache and streamed receives it from the server bit by bit.

Alternatively you could use a screen recording app like iShowU.

buena

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2009
Have you tried Zamzar (zamzar.com)? I prefer vixy.net for ripping youtube videos but vixy doesn't seem to work on your Yahoo link.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.