Capturing from BetaSP/AJA and using the card reader

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by MattJames, Aug 13, 2008.

1. MattJames macrumors newbie

MattJames

Hey!

I've recently tried to capture 16mm footage that has been transfered to beta, into Final Cut Pro. On previous macs the capture options include AJA, and uncompressed 8-bit settings, but my final cut 2 doesn't have those capture options. Anyone know how to get them so the beta deck can be connected? do i need codecs of some kind?

secondly, i was wondering about the card reader on the left of my macbook pro. should it be able to read an sxs card from a Sony xdcam ex1?

thanks!
    Matt

2. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

You can download the AJA drivers from their website. This will allow FCP to recognize the hardware, and add some Easy Setups as well (among other things).

http://www.aja.com/html/support_swd.html

The slot on your MacBook Pro is for ExpressCard peripherals, although I'm thinking you may indeed be able to read SxS cards, because they're supposed to be compliant to the ExpressCard standards. I haven't tried this personally, however, so I can't say for sure. But I think so. :)

3. MattJames thread starter macrumors newbie

MattJames

Thanks so much! now just to figure out which driver to download. I'm gonna assume its the one for Io.

Yeah i tried the ex1 card in it, and it fits, but nothing happens after that..

thanks alot though!