capturing question.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by caffeeneaddict, Jan 11, 2008.

1. caffeeneaddict macrumors regular

ok i'm working on a halo 3 film for school and when i went to use my usual method i saw that the beta had ended =[. but then i saw the elgato eyetv (hybrid and 250+) so my question(s) are these:

1. Will either of these work well as a capturing device?

2. If not, what would you recommend as a good capturing device/method?

thanks,
    caffeeneaddict

2. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Firstly, state your source (where your video or image is coming from) cause as far as I understand, you'd like to capture something but we're not sure what.

Elgato's eyetv hybrid isn't a video capture device, it's a analogue and digital TV tuner/receiver, essentially it allows you to watch TV on your computer! And, if you managed to capture video input from co-axial and RF input the quality would be extremely low quality.

3. caffeeneaddict thread starter macrumors regular

ok yeah some clarifications:
    -I'm making a halo 3 machinima film
    -I need a way to get the theater film footage from my xbox 360 to my computer so i can do some editing on it
    -And my original source was the GeeVee grab function found on www.geevee.com
    -And if not the hybrid could the 250 work? elgato and apple are both fuzzy on the details for this on their sites, and if it doesn't work as well does anyone have a recommendation of a product that can do this?