Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
Here are my lovely efforts!
Taken with a hand held Lumix Compact.

Attachments

• eclip3.jpg
    eclip3.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 112
  • eclip.jpg
    eclip.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 63
  • eclip2.jpg
    eclip2.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 62

simie

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2004
Sitting
Here's mine...

Canon D60, 400mm f5.6, 2.0sec, 400ISO.

A tad too grainy for my taste, but I was balancing my D60 and 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM at full length precariously on a hastily assembled stack of boxes (don't own a tripod). The assembly kept slipping away and longer exposures yielded even more motion blur...

Great Photo.

AppleMan101

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2007
Here's mine
Hopefully not too bad for a photographynoob...

I had problems loading this pic in-line using the ['IMG] <webserver address of pic> [/'IMG]. I was trying to use my iMac's WebServer to load it up, is it do-able?

Cheers

Attachments

• Moon.jpg
    Moon.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 98

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Apr 1, 2005
Love the slideshow, nice one:D :apple:

Thanks. I was trying to get it so that every photo was in the mioddle of the shot so it would appear to be more of a transition but that was just too difficult. Anyone know a quick way to do this?

Lone Deranger

macrumors 68000
Apr 23, 2006
Tokyo, Japan
Thanks for the compliments guys.

There are some nice pics in this thread. If one didn't know any better you'd think you were looking at Mars. :)

R.Youden

I'd just do it by hand in PhotoShop. Easy enough..

Anyway... new rumour just in: "Apple unveils new headquarters..." ;)

Attachments

• AppleMoon2.jpg
    AppleMoon2.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 62

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
thanks for the suggestions folks. i was ready to give'er, but the snow and clouds made it impossible until very late. at that point, there was just a fragment left :(

maybe next time :)

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
I can't work out what that red dot is on the branch at the bottom of my first picture! It was taken through a window but i don't think there are any red LEDS on the front of my 350D that would have caused a reflection like that!? :confused:

looks like a LED on some equipment that was in the room with you. If you were in the kitchen, could be the cooker, or fridge, or TV standby light.

I've seen some light switches and powerbars have LEDs on them too.

Could even be moonlight (or the camera's LCD screen) reflecting off something in the room or your eyes or watch, then back off the window into the camera.

eenu

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2006
Manchester, UK
looks like a LED on some equipment that was in the room with you. If you were in the kitchen, could be the cooker, or fridge, or TV standby light.

I've seen some light switches and powerbars have LEDs on them too.

Could even be moonlight (or the camera's LCD screen) reflecting off something in the room or your eyes or watch, then back off the window into the camera.

Theres nothing. No lights on the camera. No LEDs in the kitchen or on my camera......fridge was not viewable from where i was! Nothing!

Its also weired it was bang on a branch and not just a random red spot.

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
Theres nothing. No lights on the camera. No LEDs in the kitchen or on my camera......fridge was not viewable from where i was! Nothing!

Its also weired it was bang on a branch and not just a random red spot.
Maybe some kid playing with a laser?

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
You should use a faster shutter speed, or a smaller aperture (large F number).

hmmm....
makes sense.
I was doing like ISO 200 at f/8 or something. most of my exposures were over 15 seconds. oh well, that was just a full moon, it was too cloudy for photography during the eclipse anyway.

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
This thread is a bit disappointing given all of us that have cameras.....anymore?

I looked at my camera. I looked at the tiny spot of white in the black sky. I looked at my camera again. I looked at the even smaller spot in the sky (it was nearing totality). My partner said "you're mad".

I agreed and hugged her and abandoned any thought of trying to photograph it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.