Car bluetooth contacts.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tezmil1, Nov 29, 2015.

1. tezmil1 macrumors newbie

Hi, just wondered if anyone can help, I have just bought a new car and have connected my iPhone 6s to the car.
    however even though I have connected ok it says to allow phone to transfer contacts and no matter where I search I cannot find a way to do this, does anyone know please, Thanks,

Terry

2. bilibug macrumors regular

bilibug

You should get a phonebook permissions popup on the iPhone right after successfully pairing it to the vehicle. I would suggest unpairing the phone and starting the pairing process again from the beginning. Go slowly, so you don't inadvertently dismiss it.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

It should be in the manual of your new car. We do not even know what kind of new car you have.

4. tezmil1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks I will try this and look out for the pop up as stated, The car is a subaru forester 4x4, Terry.

5. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

We just got a Rav4 and set this up. I don't recall ever getting a popup on my wife's iPhone 6s. It took a minute to import all contacts (she has hundreds) but they're all in the system now. I imagine it should be something similar. The guy at the dealership showed us how to set it up, but I imagine the manual should mention it. Searching the unit in google might also bring up the info you seek.

6. tezmil1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I have tried reconnecting it and waited for the pop up but there wasn't one, the phone connects ok but contacts don't show up the manual states that i should consult iPhone 6s manual on how to configure data transfer but there is any mention of this, Terry.