Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nikhsub1

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
mmmm... jessica.'s beer...
I've noticed on 2 different cars with 2 different phones (my wife's 6s and my 6s+) that calls over bluetooth seem crackly... it isn't the reception because if you switch to speaker it goes away. She has a Volvo and I have a VW and it seems to be happening to both of us. Anyone else have a similar issue?

guinness8878

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2009
Mine does it on some calls, as did on my 6 prior to getting the 6s+. I've tried to narrow it down to a landline vs mobile....not sure what causes it for me.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
I get it at times too or a digital like sound and in addition, my bluetooth with not remain connected to the car during a call if Wifi is on. I have to turn WiFi off to keep the call connected. Don't know why and it was the same way with my previous phone too. Someone suggested turning location services off, which worked, and another person said just turn WiFi off which is faster so I do that.

Anyhow, I get the crackle but only here and there. Maybe turn WiFi off and just see if it helps any. I do it for other reasons but it seems to help a little with this issue too.

vikingjunior

Cancelled
Aug 17, 2011
What headsets are we using? I just switched out my plantronics for a old Motorola and no crackling.

lonman06

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2010
I am experiencing the same issue and actually started a thread about this too. I did not have a problem with my 6 plus last year but my 6s has this crackling.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.