Car bluetooth setup?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by jplg842, Jun 24, 2009.

1. jplg842 macrumors regular

Hello.
    I want to connect my ipod touch 2nd generation (OS 3.0) to my car.. but i dont have any line in (i have a GMC Terrain 2009)..

I was thinking to get a bluetooth device to my car.. and connect my ipod though that!

Any advice? maybe a site that explains this?!

Thank you

2. csimon2 macrumors member

I use this with my 80GB iPod Classic and it works perfectly. Highly recommended and it even includes stereo RCA line-in to support other audio devices. Installation in my 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 with factory radio took only about 5 minutes (3 minutes to take off/put on console and 2 minutes to install and route behind dash).

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_581PA11GM/USA-Spec-iPod-Interface.html?tp=1126

3. puffnstuff macrumors 65816

Google: Bluetooth FM transmitter
    Bluetooth Cassette adapter

downside it will drain your battery like mad so it isn't worth it.

4. jplg842 thread starter macrumors regular

Does it really?
    What are my other alternatives.. good quality!

5. csimon2 macrumors member

Ah, yeah, it uses bluetooth which means you'll be constantly using a wireless radio signal from your device which means faster battery drain than just plain ole media playing. This is why I recommend the Spec USA device. Sure, you may pay a little more upfront, but the sound is pure digital (direct from dock connector to radio; instead of one having to find a FM station that won't interfere with the iPod in your area) and the Spec will keep your iPod charged. Also, a really neat thing is that the if your car stereo supports multi-disc playback, you can create a playlist that will get treated as a CD. So, Playlist 1 will be treated as CD1 on your car stereo's builtin controls (including steering wheel controls!). Really, its a no brainer IMHO. Why people purchase anything else is beyond me.