Car Bluetooth stoped working since upgrade.

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by TimStait, Sep 19, 2014.

1. TimStait macrumors newbie

Since updating to ios 8 my iphone has stopped working with my car bluetooth.

Media still works playing music and skipping etc, but when the phone rings I cant answer using the car controls and no audio comes through. Have tried debonding and re-pairing but still nothing.

Other phones still work with the car, so I can only assume an ios 8 glitch.

Car is a 2012 Ford Focus.

Has anyone else had anything similar and managed to fix it?

2. darrencp22 macrumors newbie

Same here. I've done research and some recommend resetting network settings but this didn't work for me.

3. illusionx macrumors 6502

Weird, my is still paired and I have no issues making phone calls.

Using. JVC radio.

4. AppleDeviceUser macrumors 6502

AppleDeviceUser

Mine did too it was an after market deck put into a 1986 Toyota Camry. I went to bluetooth settings got it to forget device (Car) and then shut off and turned on my car, repaired it with the iPhone and it worked perfectly

5. darrencp22 macrumors newbie

6. Woochifer macrumors 6502a

That's interesting because iOS 8 fixed a Bluetooth issue I'd been having with a 2012 Mazda3. Starting around the time of the iOS 7.1 update, the turn-by-turn directions (or any non-streaming audio) would cut out mid-sentence. However, if I had streaming audio running in the background, then the turn-by-turn audio would work fine.

The only potential issue I've had so far is echoing on a phone call I had yesterday. I've not tried any other voice calls, so I'm not sure if this is a bug or a one-time glitch.

7. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

this is a common issue that happens almost every year because the car companies and stereo companies don't bother to verify their firmware and have it upgraded before iOS comes out.

8. darrencp22 macrumors newbie

Car Bluetooth stoped working since upgrade.

The car companies need to upgrade their firmware because iOS was updated? Wow are you a schill. Everyone needs to conform to every iOS change in your world.

Anyways. I did some reading and it turns out Apple acknowledges this is a bug they'll need to fix. It has to do with, believe it or not, having multiple devices on an iCloud and Apple ID account. The workaround is to make sure old devices are deleted using "find my iPhone". You should also log into your iTunes account directly and remove old devices. After this, remove the paring for your phone, reset the network settings and do a hard reboot. BAM, problem gone. Clearly an iOS issue despite what the cheerleaders will tell you.

9. TimStait thread starter macrumors newbie

So it appears that 8.0.2 has fixed the issue and I can use the bluetooth again....