Car Charger + Car Music Player

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by e5volcano, Aug 30, 2012.

1. e5volcano macrumors regular

Hi all, I own an iPhone 4 and a relatively old sedan without one of those fancy stereos with built in iPhone support.
    I am looking for a good, cheap car charger that also allows me to play music from my iPhone to my Car.

Or is it better to go for a low costing easy to install stereo with USB/iPhone support, and if so, which one?

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

3. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Better is always subjective. Depends on your budget and priorities. And that applies to both questions I quoted above. These aren't one-size-fits-all matters. If you want recommendations then provide info on your car, your budget ("low costing" is very subjective as well), and any other preferences that will help others to provide you with recommendations. Otherwise, hit a site like Crutchfield. Their pricing isn't the best but they do have fit guides for most vehicles and they will include various bits that you'll need for the install.

Don't overlook aftermarket interfaces for factory car stereos.

Good is also highly subjective. A charger charges. It isn't going to get music to your car's head unit. It sounds like you're asking about an FM modulator. If you care about sound quality then no FM modulator is "good".

4. e5volcano thread starter macrumors regular

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

It's small it only needs 2" you can mount it on the dash or attach it in the window. mines on the dash I did look and the link I gave you is a knock off not sure if it will work as well or not. I'll link the actual store. and here is a photo from my car a 2004 focus. One other thing I did is I found a shorter sync cord on ebay too about 12' or less it was just neater and no cord getting in the way. http://www.ebay.com/itm/iOttie-Wind...ccessories&hash=item5648a10118#ht_1656wt_1159

[​IMG]