Car Charger of Adapter

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MTL18, Feb 3, 2014.

1. MTL18, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014

MTL18 macrumors regular

Hi All,

Getting an iPhone 5S and been researching car chargers. In short, I haven't found one with consistent good reviews. So I am wondering if you have one that from personal experience works (needs to work with luvvit case), or if you bought the MicroUSB to lightening converter and used your old charger as is.

Thanks!

Edit: Title supposed to say OR adapter

2. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Get a Griffin or Belkin 2.1amp usb outlet and use a Apple or Tech Armor lightning cable.

3. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I recommend this combo:
    Anker® USB 24W / 4.8A Dual-Port Car Charger - Simultaneous, full-speed charging(White)
    http://amzn.com/B00B8M4IMK
    With:
    8 Pin Lightning USB cable, 6 ft, white
    http://amzn.com/B00EH8ELNI

Or just this:
    Skiva Apple Certified Two Port (4.2 Amps / 21W / Fastest) Car Charger with 8-Pin Lightning Cable and a Universal USB Charging Port for iPhone 5S 5C 5, iPad 4 + any Lightning Device, Android Smartphones and Tablets (Model: PowerFlow Duo)
    http://amzn.com/B00H0OC91M

4. MTL18 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the replies. I found that Anker one great because the Mrs. uses an Android. Will be getting that from amazon and ordering Tech Armor as a second cable.

5. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Tech Armor also has 2Ft cable if that is better for the car. Just to tell you;)

6. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

i use just a normal car to usb adapter with the apple cord. works like a charm.

7. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Covered in other threads on the topic but there are plenty of chargers with USB ports that can take the Lightning to USB cable. I have several from different brands. Can't recall the names off the top of my head but if you're worried about quality and want to play it safe then hit the usual suspects like Griffin, etc.

8. MTL18 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the replies.

I ended up getting the Anker 2.4A x2 charger and a GreatShield MFi certified lightning cable. The Mrs. is a Google fan so the split charger was perfect.

9. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

FYI both ports work for Apple products.

10. allisonfranz macrumors member

I'd say Avantek is the best car charger I've ever used. I can charge two iPhone5s 's simultaneously where one is mostly on 100% brightness running Google navigation and other one charging while being used for light browsing, emails, calls etc. Dual charging is quick and comparable to stock AC charger.