car charger question

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ghanwani, Nov 15, 2010.

1. ghanwani macrumors 6502a

I bought a car charger (Griffin Technology) for my iPhone 3G about 2 years ago and then subsequently lost the phone. I kept the charger around and recently bought an iPhone 4. Is this charger supposed to work? I tried it, and while it seems to connect fine, the phone doesn't seem to charge.

Thanks,
    Anoop

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Should work. Might be that the fuse in the charger is fried. I picked up one of these from Griffin and it works just fine.

3. Airmark1 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Test a friends phone see if it changes.

The shape of the 4 might keep it from making FULL contact.

And I agree. Check the fuse.

4. smokescreen220 macrumors regular

smokescreen220

I've been using the same griffin car charger for over 2 yrs now (since my 3G) and have not had any problems with my iPhone 4, might be your case/bumper...

5. ghanwani thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have a PowerJolt SE as well. Based on the information on the website, it doesn't look like the fuse is replaceable. I tried it again...plugged it in, waited for a minute or so, no luck. Griffin suggested resetting the phone, but that seems really weird.

6. ghanwani thread starter macrumors 6502a

Unbelievable...it was the bumper...now have to figure out what to do...get a different case (can't return the bumper since I threw the packaging), or get a new charger that works with the bumper on, and sell this one.

Thanks!