Car charger / radio transmitter / holder (uk)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by glamage, Nov 9, 2007.

1. glamage macrumors newbie

I realise this topic has probably been heavily canvased over recent months however recent activity in this forum has rendered trawling through it for the info I need is proving a bit difficult. (though enjoyable, dont get me wrong!)

I just popped into my local car phone warehouse to check that they will be opening tonight (they will :) ) but whilst there I saw a heft range of accessories.

I just was wondering if there is any concencus as to the best in car solution?

I use a transmitter for my old ipod nano and am very happy with it... it also allows me to plug in my tom tom cable to charge when required.... I was also able to control the ipod without looking at it so not having a stand did not matter. With the iphone Im not so sure.

Is there any great solutions at the moment? or am I better leaving the nano in the car for now?

Thanks for your help all. :apple:

2. MUrhino macrumors regular

MUrhino

Monster charger

I've been using the Monster® iCarCharger for iPod® with my 4G iPod in my car. It charges your iPod and has an audio out port on the dock connector so you can run a line from that audio out port to your audio in port in your car (if it has one).

I just got an iPhone and plugged it in to see if it would work (before checking the website) and it does! A message popped up on the iPhone stating "This accessory is not designed to work with iPhone. Would you like to turn on airplane mode to reduce audio interference? You will not be able to make or receive calls." I obviously picked "No" and everything works and sounds great!

After reading the website, Monster claims it will charge the iPhone just fine, however the audio out port will not work.

After a real life trial, I plugged it in to the Monster iCarCharger and it was charging just fine, and the audio out port worked just fine through the car stereo as well. This works with all iPods and the iPhone....glad I bought it two years ago ;) Pretty sure Monster has a FM transmitter version as well.

http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=2132

Here's the transmitter link: http://www.monstercable.com/mp3/ipod/transmitters.asp

Attached Files: