Car Charger that fits the Apple Bumper

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by davidg4781, Apr 9, 2012.

1. davidg4781 macrumors 68020

I bought an Apple Bumper recently and love it for a case, but my Griffin PowerJolt Plus won't fit the opening to charge it. Are there any that will?

If not, does anyone know of a place I can buy the USB cables that will fit? I'd rather not get a Radtech extender, but if I need to I will.

Also, I'm looking to purchase an Apple Dock for my iPhone 4S. Would there be an issue with taking the Bumper off when I go to bed at night so I can place it in the dock? This kind of ties in because if I can't find a charger, I'm thinking of taking the bumper off when I get in the car to charge it.

2. rosemary1 macrumors regular

Just get a car charger with USB slots and use the standard Apple cable to charge in the car.

I haven't had any problems with using the bumper in any docks.

3. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68020

Even Apple's dock? That's the only one I really liked and I'm going to try and find a used inexpensive one....in case I don't like it.

And I've thought of getting the USB slot car charger, but I'll need a USB cable to go with it besides the one at home. Also, the one that came with my iPhone isn't really long enough to be usable in my car... at least I don't think???

4. rosemary1 macrumors regular

Like I said, I haven't had any trouble with docks.

The bumper is designed to work with the Apple cable. If you decide to use a different cable, make sure the 30-pin end is designed the same as Apple's.

5. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68020

Interesting. I thought the Bumper wouldn't fit in Apple's dock for the 4/4S. I'm pretty excited about it now!

6. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

Sorry, but it doesn't. I picked up a new bumper today for my 4S and it won't fit into the official Apple dock. If you have one accessory that you definately want to use, don't buy the other.

The new bumper is definitely improved from the original one, but I don't think the rubber seal with last if you keep taking it off your iPhone to dock.

7. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks. I think I can do without the dock. I don't like laying it down but the bumper should keep the back glass from getting any more small scratches.

Now I just need to find something that'll let me use my headphones with the bumper on.