Car charger + transmitter

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iluvifone, Jul 31, 2010.

1. iluvifone macrumors 6502

Hey everyone! Happy new iphone4 user here!

I'm wondering if someone could point me in the direction of something that charges your iphone in the car, and also has a FM transmitter. Does something like that exist? So basically, the car would be running the FM transmitter and charging the iphone at once.

I ebayed for a bit and found this: http://tinyurl.com/2394cft

but i'm not sure if it works as I intend it to.

BTW, is it possible to play music via the sync slot in the bottom of the phone, or will I have to plug one part of the charger into the sync slot (to charge the phone) and one cable in the headphone port (to send the music to the transmitter). I'm hoping just one cable to the sync slot can charge + play the music, but i'm not sure.

2. _themilkman macrumors member

3. realitymonkey macrumors member

I use one of these, works really well and easy to move behind cars (I drive loads of hire cars as part of my job)

(helps if I actually give the link)

http://www.myventuri.com/

4. iluvifone thread starter macrumors 6502

5. realitymonkey macrumors member

With the Venturi you connect via Bluetooth to no need for the headphone cable.

6. iluvifone thread starter macrumors 6502

It's an 06 sunfire with stock car deck stereo. no bluetooth

7. realitymonkey macrumors member

The Venture plugs into your cigarette lighter, it then connects via bluetooth to your iPhone. Any music/phone calls/notification noise etc gets sent via bluetooth to the Venturi which then transmits it to your radio via FM. I must have driven 50 different makes and model of car in the last year or so and not had an issue in a single one with the Venturi.

Worth having a proper look at there website.

8. blurb23 macrumors 6502a

Are there many out there that do exactly as you specified; charge the phone via the 30-pin dock connector while playing music through the car's stereo via FM transmitter.

Just be sure that you get a good quality one; I cheaped out and bought one from Walmart for $40, and it's so bad it's nigh unusable. I'd recommend Belkin, they usually have good ones.

9. iluvifone thread starter macrumors 6502

So basically, it's charging the phone, AND transmitting the music (to the fm transmitter/charger) via the dock connector?

10. iluvifone thread starter macrumors 6502

11. blurb23 macrumors 6502a

Yup