Car charger (UK)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dmchapman, Jul 26, 2008.

1. dmchapman macrumors newbie

Can anyone recommend a charger that works with the 3G and that is easily available in the UK? I've seen previous threads that don't seem clear which work and which don't (I've got an old charger that works with my old nano but gives a charging not supported msg with my new iphone :-()

Ideally, I'd like one I can order from amazon as I want it quickly (off on holiday in a week and I have amazon prime...) but anything I can get within a few days would do.

I did try the apple store at lakeside thurrock yesterday - probably the least helpful I have ever seen in an apple store! Guess I got the work experience lad or something :confused:

cheers,

Darren

2. raymanster macrumors 6502

raymanster

I have the one made by Griffin, I think it's called Power Jolt. I bought it for my old 1st gen. iPhone but it seems to work fine with my new 3g iPhone.

Got it at the Regent St Applestore, I think approx £20 or so.

3. dinojr macrumors member

4. dmchapman thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah. Not sure how I didn't spot that one. It's cheap enough I'll try it :)

The Griffin one I've used before and it was excellent but no where has them at the moment - seems that model is discontinued and the replacement hasn't quite hit the stores yet.

Cheers,

Darren

5. badgerman macrumors 6502a

Tesco £3. Think its called Bell or something, works fine on 3G

6. dmchapman thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, that cheap one from amazon turned up and doesn't work :-(

I guess it might be not up to providing the current required - I seem to recall my dad having the same problem with his video nano.

Will have a look at the tesco one mentioned