Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PURCELL429

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Hi all,
I notice on the apple website that all of the car chargers are for charging only. I have an old griffin ipod charger that has a headphone out jack on the head of the charger that I leave plugged into my car stereo at all times, so I only have to plug in the ipod or iphone with the 30 pin connector. But its not working too well anymore, the wires are all stripped out and the audio comes in and out sometimes. So tell me, is there anything like this out there? Just a charger plus audio out? Thanks,

-Chris

PURCELL429

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
It says its compatable with the iPod touch but not the iPhone.... does that matter? I just want it to charge my phone without melting it...

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT
thanks to this. this is what im looking for.you dont need to put on top of the iphone/itouch the extra cord.

i am just afraid of static? do anyone here test the iphone?

i have a iphone charger and i tried at the same time with putting the aux. and it creates a hissing sound..

EDIT: i pulled the trigger and by this @ CC. i made a right choice. very sleek and no problems at all on iphone. the aux is really way beyond FM Transmitter. i heard a little hiss but if you raise the sound you will not gonna noticed.

30mins no noticed on heat.

mcdowellm84

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2009
I have found a great car charger with the audio out.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0011UK2HE

I have purchased this unit and it works GREAT with the iPhone 3G. You don't get the airplane mode message popping up and the sound quality is great. Much better than with an FM transmitter. The steering wheel remote is pretty handy too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.