Car Charger with Line Out

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by davidg4781, Oct 6, 2011.

1. davidg4781 macrumors 68020

So I'm really excited that Sprint's getting the iPhone 4S. Been waiting years for this!

I do a lot of driving, and with my previous phones, I needed a car charger. I have a tape deck that I use to listen to music and currently have that running to the headphone jack of my phone.

I've seen some car chargers that take the audio from iPhone's dock connector and have a line out. This works great for me since now I can only have one cable going to the phone and I won't have to worry about syncing the volumes together.

Both Griffin and XtremeMac make one with 3.5mm jack (Monster Cable has a built in cable, which works great with an aux input, but not with a tape adaptor).

Any suggestions on build quality between Griffin and XtremeMac products? I think I've owned an XtremeMac arm band and a car charger from Griffin, but that was years ago. I want to have this ready so I can play with my new iPhone on the way home from buying it. :D :apple:

2. garybUK Guest

garybUK

Could you get something like this? http://www.amazon.co.uk/NEW-3-5mm-Stereo-Coupler-Socket/dp/B000WOWL92 to join the two?

3. theman510 macrumors 6502

Not sure if this is what you're looking for since you are using a tape deck but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

I use this in my car and i LOVE it. It charges my iPhone 4 and plays through my aux input. The remote isn't the greatest and doesn't always work but it's not necessary to have the remote to use this.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0011UK2HO

Instead of using the cable to connect to the aux you can probably just connect your tape deck to it.

4. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68020

That could work, so now that opens up the possibility of the MonsterCables version.

Here's what I'm looking at right now then.

Griffin AutoPilot
    XtremeMac InCharge Auto AUX
    Monster iCarCharger 1000 with that little coupler thing up there

The XtremeMac one seems a lot more expensive than the others, but I'm planning to own an iPhone for a while and don't mind paying a little more for something that will last.

5. NightStorm macrumors 68000

Anyone know if any of the chargers listed above will work with a bumper? I really hate having to take mine off everytime I get in the car.