Car Cradle for iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by MacDann, Feb 17, 2008.

1. MacDann macrumors 6502a

MacDann

I already have an aux input setup for my OEM head unit, but with my other iPods I've just put them in the console where I ran the connectors.

I would like to have my Touch out where I can see and access the menus, since they're far easier to read than the 3G Nano or earlier iPods. I have looked at the Griffin TuneFlex Aux, which looks like it might be the one.

If anyone has experience with cradle arrangements in a car, I would really appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks,

MacDann

2. MacMan33 macrumors regular

MacMan33

here is what i use

i use pro clips for my Iphone and Itouch. It is fitted to your car and looks like factory. I have one in each of my BMW's and they look and work great. check the link below...

http://www.proclipusa.com/default.asp

3. lany macrumors newbie

I agree. I use pro clips also, and the fit is exact. They work really well.

4. clivespate macrumors newbie

FM Cradle

I agree with the above of using proclips as i use several myself for my Parrot carkit and phone.

For the ipod touch i am using a custom fm cradle

http://www.morpethmobiles.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=/A3/YS_ipod_Touch_FM_Car_Cradle

The suction arm that comes with it is OK but i do prefer the positioning that the proclip offers and as such have attached the cradle itself to a proclip using a move clip as well which allows me to take out the cradle when not in use. It took a bit of work and is a bit fiddly to get my setup but it works for me.

5. erikmc macrumors newbie

haha i like how you feel the need to let everyone know you own two bmw's

6. bigab2 macrumors newbie

7. Tilt macrumors member