Car Deck for iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by murc585, May 6, 2008.

1. murc585 macrumors regular

I'm in the market for a Car Deck that'll work with my newish iPhone. I just bought a Pioneer DEH-4000UB and it worked with my iphone for about a day and just gave out on me. whenever someone called it would freeze up and you'd have to restart the device, so I'm already fed up with this thing. I don;t care for aux in because I want the car deck to charge the iphone as well.

Do any of you know of a car deck that supports/works with the the iphone which will play music an charge it at the same time?

2. daakin3 macrumors newbie

Not Iphone compatible as of YET????

Unfortunately,

There is nothing currently on the market that is "IPHONE COMPATIBLE." Or items that has been officially approved and is compatible to the Iphone.

You can try Ilounge's approach, but it's not direct. You may hear interference at high volume. Not the best, but it works.

I myself have dvd touchscreen with a dock connector in my car, and it too is not Iphone compatible because of Airplane Mode, and the interference that you can hear at high volumes.

I would say wait, until the manufacturers can catch up with a direct connection unit, which might be within the next 6 months or so.

3. murc585 thread starter macrumors regular

thats so disapointing. do you know if the skignal is somehow affecting the currunt in the dock cable? It sounds like this would be electromagnetic interference, messing up the sound. I don't know how they could fix this, it's either an issue with the inside of the phone, or the cable itself. I think I'll just return my system, get a cheaper one with a single aux port, and buy a charger.

4. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

i just switch my iphone to airplane mode when using the dock in my car. yeah, it sucks i can't receive calls... but hey, we didn't always have phones in our cars... i think i can live w/o people being able to call me for a bit while i'm on the road (it's safer anyway!)

5. ukpooka macrumors newbie

iphone in a car

When the iphone was released in the UK I have had my system upgraded in my '78 bay with the following:

Alpine cde-9871rr and a Parrot kit ck3100 with a dock connector.

I turn on the bluetooth on my phone and when I connect the iphone to the connector it tells me that its not compatable and do I wish to turn on the airplane mode, I just say no and the system connects and the parrot links via bluetooth and vola the system all "talks"

I can make and recieve calls via the parrot which cuts out the music. When the call finishes it goes right back to where I left off. I can play music, change tracks, playlists via the Alpine.

System sorted. I have no idea if this system is available outside the UK but it works. :D

6. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

I use the Belkin Auto Kit in my '06 PT Cruiser, and don't have to use airplane mode. The Auto Kit is connected with a 1/8" cable to the aux. in jack. :)