Car docks for a new iPhone user

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ajkgfordon, Oct 26, 2014.

1. ajkgfordon macrumors newbie

Hi. Please forgive me if this has been asked before but I have had a quick look through the forums and haven't found what I'm looking for.

I'm thinking of moving from an HTC One to an iPhone 6 but there is one possible deal breaker for me. I use my phone in the car all the time. It bluetooth's to the stereo for calls and I use it for SatNav. The HTC car cradle is superb (pictured below). The phone just slides into the holder with a build in connector for power. No clips or having to fiddle around with cables. As I hop in and out of the car several times a day, I find this feature incredibly useful.

Is there an equivalent product for the iPhone? Most of them look clunky with sliding clips and so on.

[​IMG]

2. dannynjoni macrumors member

While not as clean as your solution, I want to let anyone reading this thread about the dock my wife and I both settled on. It has amazing adjustability and suction power unlike any cheap option I have ever seen. I especially like the way it pivots in all directions once my 6 plus is secured. Good for both driver and passenger. It's a joy to use.

iOttie Easy One Touch 2 Car Mount Holder for iPhone 6 (4.7)/Plus (5... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JRGOKQ8/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_Pcxtub1HY58P4

3. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

Most people are likely going to recommend Proclip

4. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I have the iOttie One Touch, it's a great mount and inexpensive. I love how easy it is to use one handed, my biggest complaint with other mounts was needing 2 hands to use.

But, I am waiting for my Promount to arrive, I wanted a permanent mount i could put in a better position for me.

5. Use-iStuff macrumors newbie

If you don't mind cd mounts. This is a good one imo Exogear ExoMount Touch CD Slot Car Mount for iPhone 6/6 Plus. This is the 3rd one I tried and its a winner. I had a iOttie on back order and after using Exo I went ahead a cancelled the order.

6. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

+1 from me. I love mine

I had the Kenu Airframe but it just didn't work as good for the 6 as it did for the 5

7. ajkgfordon thread starter macrumors newbie

Great suggestions, thanks. But none have the charger built in. I don't get it. The most popular smartphone on the planet and it doesn't have a proper car dock like the HTC. Must be a great business opportunity out there for someone.

----------

Actually just seen this: http://fuzdesigns.com/pages/EverDockGo

Shame it's not yet available.

8. RonaldoStephen macrumors newbie

9. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

I find the issue with built in chargers is they aren't built with cases in mind. So for the most part they just don't fit

10. ajkgfordon thread starter macrumors newbie

I might take another look at that Proclip. Thanks.

----------

I don't use a case most of the time, so that's not an issue.

11. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Got my Proclip mount yesterday, mounted it this morning with a Panavise InDash Mount. The Proclip mount was just wedged in front of the stereo and held in with double stick tape:confused:. But so far I'm loving the Promount with the Panavise mount:

[​IMG]

12. dianestory2 macrumors 6502

I would always recommend the techMatte progrip. Works flawlessly for me, every time.