Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BEASTMAN

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2005
I would assume this has been discussed but I cant find it anywhere. There is a difference in the map feature between the flash demo on the apple website and the new Calamari video. In the video there is a button with a car on it, and when he selects the restaurant there is a get directions button.

I assume this is just directions similar to regular google maps but what are the chances that you can just use a bluetooth gps receiver and google has mad an application just for the iphone? Has there been any info on google making one of these programs in the past?

Again I apologize for the post, the more I type the more I am convincing myself its just regular directions like google maps, but I am coming off of my treo 700p with tomtom gps on it, and its all just hopeful thinking =).

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
I believe it was confirmed by the leaked sales manuals from ATT that the iPhone does not contain GPS functions...although I wouldn't be surprised to see easy integration with Google Maps...but those are hardly comparable (IMO).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.