Car mount for iphone 5 & 4s

tcung82

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
What is the best car mount that is compatiable with both the iphone 5 & 4s?

spblat

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2010
There isn't one yet. Proclip said there might be an update today on mounts for the 5.

I'm a big Proclip believer. If you use a case on the 4 and the 5, you might be able to get a mount from them that would work for both. But of course you wouldn't be able to use one with an integrated connector.

IconicM

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2011
Houston, Tx
I'm about to buy an iOttie. It has gotten good reviews on Amazon and there are some reviews about it on youtube as well. It's $20..not bad.

Scottyee

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I upgraded to the iPhone 5 from the original HTC Droid Incredible, and had expected to have to purchase an iPhone 5 specific ProClip mount, but thrilled to discover that my iPhone 5 (64 GB) fits PERFECTLY in the ProClip mount created for the Droid Incredible. :cool:
I'm betting that ProClip will be utilizing that exact same mount for iPhone 5 owners. :)

oghowie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
I'm about to buy an iOttie. It has gotten good reviews on Amazon and there are some reviews about it on youtube as well. It's $20..not bad.
I have this and it is great. I used to have the ProClip which is also a very good custom, but expensive option. The iOttie works better for me since I use a slim case and my wife uses a thick one, but both work with the iOttie. The only bad thing I can think of is that it doesn't swiverl to landscape mode without loosening a screw and re-tightening.

chrislaw

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2009
central ohio

mac2thefuture

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2007
Lancashire, North West, UK
What about the charging cable

I really want to ditch my TomTom and start using my lovely iPhone 5. But, I'd need a Lightning cable that's longer than the standard 0.2m that's supplied with the phone. Any suggestions pls?? :confused:

CH34P3T

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2009
The City of Roses
I have the iOttie and Exomount and they are both great car mounts. But if I had to choose, I'd pick the iOttie just because I can quickly mount the phone with one hand.

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009
I just ordered a Just Mobile XMount Go from Amazon. Should be here tomorrow. I like that I can forgo the suction cup and just put a small adapter button on my console and mount to that.

sawah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2010
I'm going to second the iOttie. Sticks to the dash great and easy one handed insert and removal of your phone.

macsoc

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2011
Koomus Mount

I use the "Koomus Dashboard Windshield iPhone Car Mount Holder for iPhone 5 4S" that I bought on amazon and it works great. Used it for the 4s and work just as well with the 5.

TigerStephie

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
I love my iottie. I got it on groupon cheap. It doesn't mount very well to the dash but stays great on the windshield. The one hand in and out is awesome. Now if I could just find another lightning cable... Or two. Taking my cable everywhere is driving me nuts!