Car mounted signal boosting for iPhone 6??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mindquest, Oct 8, 2015.

1. mindquest macrumors regular

Couldnt find any clear answer searching so thought I would ask here. Is there anyway to boost the signal for an iPhone 6 with some sort of car mounted amplification system. I do lots of driving across the country and have spotty service more times than I would like.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

2. mindquest thread starter macrumors regular

Did some more research and most seem to be useless as I read in a couple reviews. Any help on this is appreciated!

3. Newtons Apple, Oct 9, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2015

Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Try www.wilsonamplifiers.com

I have a friend who has a 1800 acre farm a good bit outside the city. Almost no cellular service so he bought one of their systems for his farm house and he now get full bars all over his place, plus the neighbors are using it, too!

They make systems for you car also.

4. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I've heard car audio retailers offering cell signal boosters. I'd find someone local, talk to them, and see if you can test one out. Should be easy enough to do.

C

5. mindquest thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the suggestion, looking at getting the weBoost Drive 4G-X Booster Kit with the 12-inch exterior antenna.

https://www.wilsonamplifiers.com/weboost-drive-4g-x-cell-phone-signal-booster-kit-470510/

https://www.wilsonamplifiers.com/12-inch-magnet-mount-antenna-10ft-sma-male-311125/

6. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple