car mounts for iphone 6 plus

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Allana, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Allana macrumors newbie

I tried using a window mount but overtime the sun shines the phone heats up and shuts off ,,i need a mount that works near the dash or away from sunlight .
    Any suggestions?

2. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Check out Proclip. Not the cheapest, but the best I've ever come across.

https://www.proclipusa.com

Choose your car type, then phone type (taking into account the type of case you use).

3. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

I'm a big fan of the Kenu Airframe+ and similar type mounts (there's tons of knockoffs). It's low priced and gets the job done plus I can use it for any car or phone.

Here's some pics of what it looks like in my car (which has non-traditional styled vents). It's an iPhone 6 but I swapped to the plus a few days later. Very stable and the phone doesn't wobble or feel insecure at all.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. draver macrumors newbie

I've been using this for the past 3-4 months and am very happy with it's sturdiness and features.

It's a cupholder mount, not on dash, but it has 2 aux. USB ports, 2 cigarette plugs and holds an iPhone 6 plus solidly.

http://www.amazon.com/iKross-Universal-Adjustable-Vehicle-charging/dp/B00I5WEZ06/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424030271&sr=8-1&keywords=iKross-Universal-Adjustable-Vehicle-charging

If links are not allowed on this site, it's on amazon as:

iKross Universal Adjustable Car Vehicle Cup Holder Mount

My brother in law bought one also after checking mine out.

5. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

6. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

I started a thread about this a while back. Hopefully it can help you out. I settled on the Airframe Plus

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1822207

7. ihonda macrumors 68000

Get the Nexcon version of the airframe from Amazon

8. AznTakumi macrumors regular

Have anyone experiences those vents mounts breaking the vents off?

9. Gryfter macrumors 6502

Gryfter

they must be great during the summer; the AC will be blasting directly at the phone but during winter, the reverse (heat) cant be good for the phone...

10. wombat94 macrumors member

I find the vent mount to be perfect year round, actually.

In the summer, I have the AC going through the dashboard vents where the phone is mounted. The cold air keeps the temps down when I have the Tom Tom app running (The Tom Tom app is the most battery challenging, heat producing app that I have on my phone and I would quite often get the phone disabling the screen due to overheating before I had my Kenu).

In the winter, the heated air goes to either the windshield vents or the floor vents (heat rises) - I don't like having the heated air coming out of the dashboard vents.

11. ihonda macrumors 68000

Don't waste all that money on the kenu. Get the Nexcon version for half the cost. I did a video review of it check out facebook.com/GaulReviews

12. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

The vents can close (on most cars at least) so one should be able to control the airflow that's being directed at the phone. Not really a problem in my opinion.

13. Gryfter macrumors 6502

Gryfter

so when its -5 out, like right now, you're gonna close the vent? why don't you just shut the heat?