Car phone holder for the iPhone 3G S

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by d315, Jun 14, 2009.

1. d315 macrumors newbie

So I'm buying accessories right now for the soon-to-arrive iPhone 3G S and I need your opinion!

I narrowed down my search to 2 options, but its a HUGE price difference!
    Choices:

Proclipusa.com, $80 for custom fitting for my car/iphone. Able to turn horizontal to use iPhone in landscape mode!

Location Fitting

iPhone holder itself

OR

iGrip, vent iPhone holder, $25 dollars...cannot go landscape

iGrip Link

What do you guys think?

(Or link me to better holders!)

Thanks guys.

P.S. This waiting game sucks :(

2. petemwah macrumors regular

i'd hold out and look at the holder that tomtom are bringing out, likely it'll be universal, i.e. you don't have to have tomtom software to use it, and it's likely to be pretty darn useful, supports phone in landscape and portrait mode...

3. d315 thread starter macrumors newbie

ooo....very good idea...i knew tomtom was going to be out, which is why i wanted to get a holder, but disregarded the fact that tomtom may come out with its own holder...thanks so much!

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

5. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

I have a Kensington iPhone mount at the moment and it works well, can also rotate for landscape. I'll see the cost and functionality of the TomTom.

6. Synthetickiller macrumors regular

Its going to be hell finding a car holder that'll mount to my windshield. All the car ones appear to be too short for me to reach.

Are there any that sit in a cup holder or somehow mount on the dash and not the window (without ruining the finish)?

7. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

8. OlgaJ macrumors 6502

I bought one from Fry's. It is adjustable for size (so it fits the iphone with just about any case on) as it is good for GPS units as well. Allows vertical or horizontal position. Comes with suction cup and air vent mount.

I prefer the air vent mount but unfortunately it doesn't fit in one of my cars as the vent slats are way too wide for the mount.

I believe this is the one I have, but not 100% sure:

http://shop1.frys.com/product/5342198#detailed