Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mantic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2007
AL
There's nothing difficult about taking pics of cars. Try to take them on a cloudy day. An overcast sky will bring more debth to the paint. Avoid using a flash unless you have a good diffuser. Shoot it from a few different angles from eye to ground level.

Any decent point and shoot should provide good results.

Here are a couple decent shots of my car the angles seems to work good just to give you a visible idea.

back10.jpg

front.jpg

side2.jpg

SIde.jpg

jjhh.jpg

Philgr

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2005
Lakes - UK
From the other weekend, Already posted on here, but i like them that much i though i would share them again

Some inspiration ;)

1542sma.jpg

1647sm.jpg

lakes5.jpg

lakes6.jpg

lakes9.jpg

1659sma.jpg

1653sm.jpg

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
have a look at some of the manufacturers sites for inspiration.

and about the flash thing, i have an example of why flash is a bad idea.

The first shot was without flash. everything looks kinda dull, the bright areas are too bright, and the dark areas too dark.
but the second shot, with flash, looks terrible. all you can see is the radiator.

3 things were wrong with the situation;
-i didn't have a tripod, so things got blurry
-the lighting in the room was terrible
-i chose a bad angle :eek:

shame, because they are such beautiful cars :(

Attachments

• no flash.jpg
    no flash.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 57
  • flash.jpg
    flash.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 67

beingme

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 21, 2006
So by saying photo instead of snapshot makes a person a professional photographer:rolleyes: oh my

beingme

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 21, 2006
Oh I didn't realize there was a second page to this. I enjoyed looking at all of your pictures especially the lotus going through the water. It has to one of the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen. And also thanks for the flash advice Scarlet Fever

jeff127

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2006
So by saying photo instead of snapshot makes a person a professional photographer:rolleyes: oh my

Nope. He said that someone saying 'snapshot' wouldn't be a professional, not that someone not saying snapshot is a professional. :p

Jeff.

Shaduu

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2007
Southsea
From the other weekend, Already posted on here, but i like them that much i though i would share them again

Some inspiration ;)

*Awesome Lotus Exige pics*

I love that car; my friend has one and it just flies. You've done an excellent job at capturing how fantastically cool the Exige is. Maybe you should try and sell the pics to Lotus. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.