Car Play and iPhone 7

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by macworksgreat, Oct 19, 2016.

1. macworksgreat, Oct 19, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2016

macworksgreat macrumors regular

macworksgreat

It has probably already been answered on here but I could not find it...anyway. My wife always has to use her Car Play feature..or uses the radio to talk on her way to work, while working on the road, etc. But for some reason our 2015 Camry does not pick up the iPhone 7. When I called Apple Care I was told I would have to get hold of Toyota to see of they had an update. Never heard of that before (our 6 and 6S worked fine on it). But who am I?

Has anyone had similar problems and found a work-around without calling Toyota? Or any other car manufacturer for that matter?

2. FoxD macrumors 6502

I have a Kenwood with CarPlay and it has issues too with my 7. Mainly Bluetooth will not connect. No issues on 6.

3. feard macrumors member

I have Car Play and iPhone 7. Try going into Bluetooth settings on phone and forgetting/deleting old phone and reset with new one. Worth a shot.

4. macworksgreat thread starter macrumors regular

macworksgreat

Yes I just did that thanks. I forgot that we can go thru "Bluetooth" rather than Car Play. It now works.

5. xlovepink88x macrumors member

I thought Toyota does not have car play. I have a 14' Camry and does not have car play or I'd LOVE to be able to use it.

6. blindside217 macrumors regular

Correct. No Toyotas have CarPlay yet. Also no vehicle has wireless CarPlay over Bluetooth yet. There has been a 2017 BMW recently announced that will be the first with wireless CarPlay. For all current vehicles with CarPlay, you can connect with USB to use CarPlay or you can use Bluetooth and get your car's native audio/phone experience.

7. xlovepink88x macrumors member

8. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I sell and install CarPlay. No problems with my iPhone 7 yet.

9. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

10. Closingracer macrumors 68020

It doesn't and so doesn't the 2002 or whatever GTI my brother has. Just because it doesn't have it doesn't mean you couldn't install a 3rd party LCD screen which has it.