Car stereo playback nerfed with 2.2?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by coldmember, Nov 24, 2008.

1. coldmember macrumors newbie

Didn't see this posted anywhere. And I say "nerfed" instead of killed off because it still works, but is much more feature limited.

For the first time after the 2.2 update, I plugged my iPhone into my Rover's aftermarket Kenwood unit via the Apple USB cable.

It seems that I can no longer manually navigate artists/albums/songs/playlists from the deck. Instead, it randomly begins playing a song and I can only jog forward or backward with the head unit's forward/back buttons. As before, the iPhone's iPod feature is blanked out and uncontrollable.

Anyway, I verified that my stereo was working properly by plugging in my Ipod. It works as it should.

I contacted Apple support and, after a 10 minute hold, was notified that this is a new feature.

From reading Apple's forums, it seems that some others suffer something similar albeit with home stereos and DVD players.

Anyone have any idea what's up?

Thanks.

2. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

might want to try battle.net (world of warcraft forum section). they're better at addressing "nerf" questions, than an apple forum.