Car windscreen mount & handsfree dock/charger recommendations (iPhone 4)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thomasp, Jun 29, 2013.

1. thomasp macrumors 6502a

My current iPhone handsfree/charger isn't connecting to my iPhone any more (I suspect a very worn out dock connector, connecting to a slightly worn out dock connector on the iPhone), so I'm in the market for a new one.

Can anyone recommend a windscreen mounted iPhone 4 holder that meets the following requirements:

• Bluetooth to the phone for handsfree calling
    • Mount has a loudspeaker and mic for handsfree calling
    • Windscreen suction cup mounting
    • Charges the iPhone via 30-pin dock to the cigarette lighter
    • Reasonably cheap and available in the UK!

Ideally, if it has the ability to accept lightning docks/iPhone 5's as well, that'd be great, as I might get round to upgrading my phone once the next one is released. This isn't essential though.

Thanks for the help :)

2. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Have you had a look at Proclip? Not the cheapest but I got one of their airvent mounts (not what you are thinking) and it's the most secure mount I've ever had. Also because it's closer to me than a windscreen mount, I just use the iPhone speaker. Here's one place they are available from.

http://www.simplymounts.com

3. thomasp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the link. As I primarily use my phone for satnav, windscreen mounting is preferred, due to where my air vents are. This is also why I'd like a speaker on the mount, so as I can actually hear the satnav instructions.

4. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Fair enough. My car stereo has a input jack so I just use that for music and sat Nav. I'm sure there are options out there.

5. thomasp thread starter macrumors 6502a

My car unfortunately isn't that modern!

I think I might go for the Tomtom generic smartphone handsfree kit - has a micro usb cable to connect to the phone, so would require an adapter, but that "should" futureproof it if I upgrade to a lightning-equipped iPhone