Carbon Copy Cloner Beta for Yosemite

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BasicGreatGuy, Sep 24, 2014.

1. BasicGreatGuy, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014

BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I am a little late to the new improved Carbon Copy Cloner. I just installed the beta for Yosemite and it is very nice. Much more robust than what I used years ago. It is a lot faster than Time Machine. I am liking it. :)

If you would like to use CCC beta for Yosemite, you can sign up for free on their site. Once you verify your email address, you can be up and running with the new beta in a matter of moments.

2. flynz4 macrumors 68040

Are you talking about Carbon Copy Cloner? I am not sure what Clear Carbon Cloner is.

/Jim

3. BasicGreatGuy thread starter Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Yes. My mind got going faster than my fingers. :confused: Thank you for pointing out my error. It has been corrected.

4. gochi macrumors 6502

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Thanks for your post. Found the blog post you mentioned and the UI changes do look very nice.

http://bombich.com/blog/?p=47

6. BasicGreatGuy thread starter Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

You are welcome. And thanks for posting a link as well. Hopefully, people will take advantage of the beta release, as many here are running Yosemite.

Even though the beta version shows trial, it is the full version of the program and will be such, until the final product is released, which is on or around 10/24.

7. BasicGreatGuy thread starter Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Clear Copy Cloner 4 has officially been released. Owners of 3.5 can upgrade for 50% off. If you purchased between June 2, 2014 and October 1, 2014, you receive your free 4.0 license via email.) An academic discount of 25% off the retail price of $39.99 is also available.

As previously stated, I have been using the new version in Yosemite without any problems. I know many here already use CCC so, this is a heads up.

8. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

I haven't tried it yet, but I sprung for the V4 upgrade....figured it was the least I could do since I got V3 way back when it first came out for a $5 donation.

9. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

10. BasicGreatGuy thread starter Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I tried it before installing 4 beta and it wouldn't work. According to their website, they are offering limited support for 3.5, as they are not developing it anymore.

11. TPadden macrumors 6502a

I'm surprised since even though there is a warning that the CCC 3.4.7 Yosemite clone won't boot due to a missing kernel, it does fine for me. The clone drive booted right up. :cool:

Did it really not work for you or did you just get some warning?

12. BasicGreatGuy thread starter Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

At that time, CCC 3.4.7 installed ok but, it would not run.

13. TPadden macrumors 6502a

Mine (3.4.7) ran fine when I selected continue anyway with the warning, I've since used it with Yosemite on 3 computers (MBA's and Mini) and multiple external drives. All the external drives boot fine.