Carbon Copy Cloner on 10.6 - has anybody tried it?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TheNorthWaves, Aug 25, 2009.

1. TheNorthWaves macrumors 6502

So I've been using CCC preferentially over time machine in 10.5 to do my backups, and I just ordered my 10.6 disc. Problem is, I don't know if CCC works on Snow Leopard. Has anybody tried it on any of the developer releases/etc?

2. TheNorthWaves thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Ugmuck macrumors newbie

CCC Backups on Snow Leopard

SAme question & more! O just bght a new Mac and am setting it up. I would prefer to have a bootable backup external drive, so I want to use CCC.For that & otehr reasons I want to:
    1. Disable Time Macine
    2. Use CCC.
    Have you tried it yet?

Another related q: Will CCC back up a virtual Windows type application & content? Will it do some of them but not all of them?

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Making a bootable backup, backs up everything. It doesn't care what the files are. I use to use CCC on 10.6, but just use rsync now.

5. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Yes....CCC works with SL 10.6.3 at least....I used it to clone my drive before upgrading to 10.6.4

6. FourCandles macrumors 6502a

CCC is working fine for me on 10.6.4 (and 10.5.8, and 10.4.11), making bootable clones of the startup disk and incremental backups of other volumes.

7. Zerozal macrumors 6502

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Why not use both. I have two external drives, one for TM and one for CCC. I use TM for those situations where I deleted a file or modified a file I shouldn't have and CCC when I totally mess up the system.